Now In-Network with TRICARE Insurance
We utilize the latest FDA-Approved TMS Therapy to treat Service Members, Retirees, and their Families.
Call (949) 370-0771 Today!
Post-Stroke TMS Therapy
TMS has proven to be highly effective in restoring function in post-stroke patients
What is a Stroke?
Stroke is defined as sudden interruption in the blood supply of the brain. Most strokes result from an abrupt blockage of arteries that feed the brain (Ischemic stroke). The alternate type of stroke is caused by bleeding from a burst blood vessel in the brain (hemorrhagic stroke).
Stroke is the 5th leading cause of death in America, today, and it is one of the leading causes of adult disability.
Stroke is manifested by multiple symptoms, included:
- Sudden NUMBNESS or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, typically localized to one side of the body
- Sudden CONFUSION – difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden IMPAIRED VISION – in one or both eyes
- Sudden WALKING DIFFICULTY – evidenced by dizziness, loss of balance, or loss of coordination
- Sudden SEVERE HEADACHE – without any known cause
TMS Treatment for Stroke
Stroke recovery is almost always a very slow and difficult process.
Immediate commencement of rehabilitation is the most important key to recovery after stroke. Our San Diego Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Center provides TMS Therapy for Post-Stroke Patients.
A recent 2021 meta-analysis of numerous studies examined the effects of low-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on treating post-stroke symptoms.
The study suggests that low-frequency rTMS (LF-rTMS) might be a beneficial complementary treatment to improve language-related issues that come with post-stroke aphasia (loss of ability to express or understand language) — especially those in the chronic stages after stroke. The meta-analysis reports significant improvements in comprehension, writing, and repetition.
If you’d like to learn more about the treatment process at our TMS Center, please visit our TMS Procedure page.
TMS has been proven highly effective in improving functionality in stroke symptoms.
TMS benefits include:
- High Success Rate – considerably higher success rate than any other treatments
- Non-Invasive – the treatment is entirely external to the body
- Non-Sedative – it requires no sedation and is relatively painless
- Minimal to No Side Effects – it has no side effects in the vast majority of patients
Call or Email us to schedule a free consultation
Scholarly Research and Publications