TMS for Migraines
Our mission is to help resolve the debilitating effects of Migraine Headache through TMS, which has been proven to be a highly effective long-term solution.
What are Migraines
Migraines are a type of headache, often recurrent. Migraines are often localized to one side of the head and can last for hours up to days.
What is the Cause of Migraines
The cause of migraines is not known. It is suggested that Migraines result from multiple conditions:
- Abnormal brain activity
- Hormonal changes – women may experience Migraines during menstruation, due to fluctuating hormone levels.
- Emotional triggers – Depression, anxiety, stress, excitement, and shock can activate a migraine
What are the symptoms of Migraines
Severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation, which are most often localized on one side of the head are the most common Migraine symptoms. Migraines are often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. The pain from Migraine attacks can be so pronounced that it interferes with daily activities and function.
For some Migraine sufferers, a prefacing symptom called an ‘aura’ occurs before the onset of the Migraine, and can include visual disturbances, such as flashes of light or blind spots; the aura can also be accompanied by other disturbances, such as tingling on one side of the face, or on the arm, or the leg, as well as difficulty speaking.
What Treatments are Available for Migraines
The common treatments for Migraine include medication, injections, and self-care. Unfortunately, these interventions are primarily ‘reactive’ not proactive.
Medication for Migraines
Pharmacological (medication) interventions are almost always given on a ‘trial-and-error’ basis for Migraines. Most sufferers experience only marginal relief through medication, at best. As with almost all medications, the side effects often have debilitating side effects:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Dry mouth
- Tingling of hands and feet
- Loss of appetite
Healing Migraines through TMS
TMS has proven to be highly effective in healing Migraine headaches. – Stop taking medications or injections. Our San Diego Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Center offers TMS Therapy for Migraines.
TMS benefits include:
- High Success Rate – considerably higher success rate than any other treatments
- Enables sufferers to entirely stop or significantly reduce medications
- Non-Invasive – the treatment is entirely external to the body
- Non-Sedative – it requires no sedation and is relatively painless
- Minimal to No Side Effects – it has no side effects in the vast majority of patients
Call or Email us to schedule a free consultation
Scholarly Research and Publications
TMS Information and Consultation