TMS for Depression
What Is Major Depression
TMS is FDA Approved for the treatment of Major Depression (Treatment-Resistant Depression). TMS has proved to be 2-3 times more effective in resolving depression than anti-depressant medications and/or talk therapy.
Major Depression is a persistent state of sadness that interferes with an individual’s thoughts, behavior, mood, and physical health.
Over 17 million Americans suffer from depression each year, according to CDC statistics.
About 15% of the population will have a depressive episode at some point in their life.
Women are twice as likely as men to experience a depressive episode
Untreated depression can lead to suicide or suicide attempts for many people.
Symptoms of Major Depression may include:
- Lack of interest in usual activities or an inability to experience pleasure
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating
- Feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, helplessness, or guilt
- Changes in sleep habits and decreased energy
- Loss of appetite or significant weight gain or weight loss
- Thoughts of death or suicide
Depression occurs due to imbalances or deficiencies of the brain’s neurotransmitters, as well as decreased activity in the frontal lobes of the brain (the area of the brain that controls mood). Neurotransmitters are chemical ‘messengers’ that convey signals between brain cells.
Depression is almost always treated with antidepressant medications, often combined with ‘talk’ therapy. Although antidepressants can be effective for some patients, medications are often ineffective. Worse, antidepressant medications create many debilitating side effects such as:
- ‘Foggy’ Brain
- Weight Gain
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Dry mouth
Millions of patients do not receive adequate relief from antidepressants and/or they cannot tolerate the side effects caused by them.
TMS is break-through technology that provides tremendous relief and often full resolution of Major Depression symptoms. Our San Diego Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Center specializes in providing TMS Therapy for Clinical Depression.
TMS benefits include:
- High Success Rate – considerably higher success rate than any other treatments
- Non-Invasive – the treatment is entirely external to the body
- Non-Sedative – it requires no sedation and is relatively painless
- Minimal to No Side Effects – it has no side effects in the vast majority of patients
Call or Email us, now, to schedule a free consultation
Scholarly Research and Publications